The multi-pole synchronous generator with permanent magnets makes the most out of the wind: The whole induction performance is available as energy yield. The use of permanent magnets further improves the yield by eliminating the need for electrical excitation of the generator coils. This gives LEITWIND generators huge advantages, especially in the partial load range.
Designed to maximize efficiency
- high reliability due to the absence of gearbox and rotor brushes
- low maintenance cost because the gearbox and the brushes requires interventions so often
- low noisiness of the plant, due to the absence of the gearbox
- each module can be extract and replaced inside the nacelle even with complete assembled generator
- the resulting generator structure is more compact according to the employment of the permanent magnets
- LEITWIND generators is integrated in the nacelle structure and maximizes its compactness as well.
The passive cooling system is realized with cooling fins on the external surface of the generator: the wind flows through the fins and provides the structure with and optimal cooling.